Designed to Last
ClearSignal is a clear non-toxic coating that resists biofouling as a result of the non-stick properties of the coating itself. ClearSignal utilizes advanced material technologies to achieve its properties and performance. The product is permanent coating that is designed to last the life of the platform or instrument it is protecting. Unlike traditional antifouling systems which rely on active biocides and whose effectiveness degrades with time, ClearSignal remains 100% effective over time.
Made for the Oceanographic Community
The ClearSignal biofouling control system is a result of a joint development effort by Severn Marine Technologies, LLC Annapolis, MD and Mid Mountain Materials Inc. of Mercer Island, WA. The product was originally developed for the offshore seismic exploration industry with later adaptation for the larger oceanographic user community.
State-of-the-Art, Customized Industrial Coating
The system is applied in a controlled facility using state-of-the-art industrial coating processes. The intended substrate and instrument type are significant engineering design components of the ClearSignal system. The product formulation is also adjusted for the particular marine application.
Why use ClearSignal coatings?
- Long term effectiveness (no diminishing of efficacy over time)
- Optically clear instruments and platforms retain all marking and identification features
- Designed to last the lifetime of the instrument or platform
- Significant reduction in labor hours for maintenance
- Robust coating able to withstand rigorous offshore deployments and service